UCedge Unified Communication Solutions in Eugene
Manage Your Business Phone System from Any Device
Redefining the idea of unified communications, UCedge provides complete interoperability between Toshiba phone systems and third-party devices including smartphones, tablets, Windows® and Mac® computers. UCedge can be installed on Toshiba’s VIPedge® and IPedge® phone systems, as well as Strata® CIX systems with an IPedge Application Server. If your business is using a hybrid of Toshiba on-premise and cloud phone systems, UCedge is federated and sees them as one network. Features work the same across the company from any device.
With client software you can download from the Internet, users gain new levels of convenience, productivity and cost savings, no matter how they access the Toshiba phone system—smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac. Your third-party device works as it always did. Whenever you need it, you can activate UCedge to tap into the power of the Toshiba office phone system and unified communications.
One-number Reach, UC Virtually Anywhere Using Smartphones or Tablets
- Place long-distance and international calls to contacts from a cell phone at landline rates.
Stay in touch while traveling internationally.
- Get more done with instant messaging (IM) with colleagues who are busy or on the phone.
- See the status of UCedge colleagues or Microsoft® Lync® Server users before calling them.
- Rapidly find contacts in a list synchronized with the office phone system and user-provided avatars.
- Work from anywhere using personal or business mobile devices as a business phone extension.
- Enable easier connections with one-number reach, in or out of the office or out of the country.
- Protect mobile number privacy by displaying only the office phone number in caller ID.
- Manage office voice mails easily and quickly with a visual interface on a mobile device.
Compatible with IPedge, VIPedge, Strata CIX and Leading Smartphones and Tablets
UCedge is compatible with Toshiba’s IPedge, VIPedge and Strata CIX business telephone solutions. It has been tested and validated on selected smartphone models from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sony and LG, as well as tablets from Toshiba, Apple and Samsung (support on Windows and Mac desktops and laptops as of October 2014). Licenses for the UCedge client are provided as part of the VIPedge solution, or the license is available as an option for the IPedge or Strata CIX system. The UCedge client for mobile devices is available as a download from the Apple App Store and Google Play. (Mobile devices require a cellular data plan with an option to enable Wi-Fi® access for locations with poor cell network service.)